Students and staff will need to arrive in Ireland by the morning of June 7, 2016. Meeting at the Dublin Airport, staff and students will travel to Inishbofin. While on Inishbofin the project crew stays at the Doonmore Hotel (http://www.doonmorehotel.com/doonmorehotel.htm). Before starting excavations on Inishark we will stay at the Doonmore Hotel for several nights to get field equipment and gear ready for travel to Inishark. After excavating on Inishark we will then return to Inishbofin for around five days and nights.
The field project schedule is the following:
- June 7, 2016. Meeting in Dublin, travel by bus to Galway, then Cleggan, and then by evening ferry to Inishbofin, 5 ½ miles off the coast of Ireland.
- June 8, 2016. Equipment and food shopping in Clifden.
- June 9, 2016. Relocating from Inishbofin to Inishark, setting up camp.
- June 10-15, 2016. Archaeological excavation on Inishark.
- June 15 (afternoon) and June 16, 2016. Days off. Staying at the Doonmore Hotel, Inishbofin.
- June 17-23, 2016. Archaeological excavation on Inishark.
- June 23, 2016. Taking down camp, relocating from Inishark to Inishbofin.
- June 24-25, 2016. Days off in Clifden.
- June 26-28, 2016. Archaeological research and materials analysis. Staying at the Doonmore Hotel.
- June 28, 2016. CLIC Community Event, Inishbofin Community Center (7-9 pm).
- June 29, 2016. Depart Inishbofin and travel home.